Shia- الشيعة
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deeds presented before Imam (as)

Go down

Deeds presented before Imam (as) Empty Deeds presented before Imam (as)

Post  Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri Sun May 02, 2010 11:13 am

A person by the name of Abdullah bin Aabaan az-Ziyaat was in the presence of Imam Reza (a.s). He requested Imam (as) that he (as) should pray for his well being and that of his family. Imam (as) replied, 'Am I not doing like that? I swear by Allah that your deeds are presented to us every morning and evening.' Abdullah says 'I was surprised (to hear that our deeds are presented before Imam (a.s). Imam (as) is at one place while he has the information of the entire world!)' Imam (as) replied:

'Have you not read the verse of Quran which says 'Then do your (good) deeds. Allah and His prophet and the believers are a witness to your actions." (Surah Taubah, Verse 105)

I swear by Allah (the word) 'believers' (in the verse) refers to Ameerul Mo'mineen (as) (Al-Kafi, vol.1 p. 219,tradition 4)

Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) used to say,

'Why are you people troubling the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.)?'

One person asked, 'How is it that we are troubling the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.)?' (i.e. Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) is not amongst us, then how can we hurt or upset him). Imam (as) replied,

'Are you not aware that your actions are placed before him (s.a.w.a.)? When he (s.a.w.a.) witnesses a sin among your deeds then he (s.a.w.a.) gets distressed and sorrowful. Don't make the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) unhappy. Instead, try to make him (s.a.w.a.) cheerful.' (Ibid., tradition 3)

Deeds presented before Imam (as) 17365497_a912d53f1272788004

Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri
Admin

https://shia.forum.st

Back to top Go down