Shia- الشيعة
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADDRESSING HER FATHER

Go down

ADDRESSING HER FATHER Empty ADDRESSING HER FATHER

Post  Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:45 pm

After the battle of Ohud, an ayah was revealed to the Messenger of God to discipline his companions. It was customary for Arabs to call each other with their names without any title and as such they would only call the Prophet of Islam with his first name, Mohammad, the Messenger of God as also too humble to request them to address him otherwise. It was under these circumstances that the Almighty God revealed,

“Make not the calling of the Messenger among you as you are calling one of another.” 24:63

Upon the revelation of the Ayah, Muslims were commanded to address the Prophet with the title of Messenger of God.
Lady Fatima narrated, “After the revelation of the Ayah, I wondered whether I could still address my father as ‘father’ and thus I called him ‘O Messenger of God’. Upon hearing that my father immediately replied, “My dear Fatima. That rule was not for you, you call me O father for indeed this is more reviving for my heart and more pleasing your Lord.”

[Ibn al-Maghazeli, al Manaqeb p367]

Thus Fatima was the only exception of the above Ayah of which she gained part of her everlasting title ‘The Mother of Her Father’.
ADDRESSING HER FATHER 17357879_69479d351272296730

Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri
Admin

https://shia.forum.st

Back to top Go down