Shia- الشيعة
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali [as]'s guests.

Go down

Ali [as]'s guests. Empty Ali [as]'s guests.

Post  Tabarak Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Ali [as]’s guests

A man with his son entered Imam Ali’s [as] house as his guests. The Imam [as] made them sit respectfully in the place of honor, and he [as] took his seat opposite them. It was time for meals, and the food was served after they finished eating, Qanbar, the well know Imam Ai’s [as] servant, brought a towel , basin and an ewer for washing the guests hands. The Imam [as] took the ewer from Qanbar, and went near to wash the guest’s hands. The guest drew back his hands and said: it is not possible that I stretch my hands so that you wash them.
Ali [as] said: here is your brother in faith, and your resemblance in creation. Without any distinction he is eager to serve you and in turn Allah will reward. Why do you want to prevent a good action?

One again the man refused it, but Ali [as] put him under an oath to accept and said: I would like to attain the honor of serving my faithful brother in Islam. Do not oppose me. The guest complied with it shamefully.
Ali [as] said: I request you to let me wash your hands thoroughly as Qanbar wanted to wash your hands. So, do not feel ashamed and put all formalities aside.

When Ali [as] finished washing his guests hands, he [as] said to his own honorable son, Muhammed ibn hanafia: Wash his son’s hands. As I am your father, I washed the father’s hands, and you wash the son hands. If his father had not been here, and only his son was our guest, I would have washed his hands myself. But Allah loves to see that when a father ands a son are present in one place, father enjoys privilege and a priority.
Muhammed, by the order of his father, stood up and washed the hands of the guest’s son.
While narrating this event, Imam Askari [as] said: a real and faithful shi’i must behave to.

Notes: Bihar ul-anwar V.9 p.598

Ali [as]'s guests. 1-12
Tabarak
Tabarak

https://www.youtube.com/purpletuta

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum