Shia- الشيعة
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the so called 'satanic verses'

2 posters

Go down

the so called 'satanic verses' Empty the so called 'satanic verses'

Post  shi3i Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 pm

salam,

brothers and sisters,i know the allegation of the 'satanic verses' made against the noble Quran is found in sunni hadith.the hadith of 'al-gharaniq' (sunni),which has been coined by anti-islam elements to what became known as the 'satanic verses' has its source from sunni literature.we,as shia,must have a response to this allegation against our holy book.i have read the sunni response and denial that this event or verses ever existed:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/sverses.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/satanic_verses.htm

in light of all these arguments,i would like to know if there exist any shia response or argument against the allegation.i am certain that no such hadith exists in shia literature.then,being as we are,we are better off than the sunnis to tell the missionaries against islam that this allegation is false and not historic.we can put forth the truth and the reality.any scholar shia work against this allegation would be appreciated.also having tafsir and history of the quran,how can we present these and put them to use at least to help our sunni brothers in their fight against the enemies of islam as a whole.

Jazakummullah Khair!

shi3i

Back to top Go down

the so called 'satanic verses' Empty Re: the so called 'satanic verses'

Post  Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

shi3i wrote:salam,

brothers and sisters,i know the allegation of the 'satanic verses' made against the noble Quran is found in sunni hadith.the hadith of 'al-gharaniq' (sunni),which has been coined by anti-islam elements to what became known as the 'satanic verses' has its source from sunni literature.we,as shia,must have a response to this allegation against our holy book.i have read the sunni response and denial that this event or verses ever existed:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/sverses.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/satanic_verses.htm

in light of all these arguments,i would like to know if there exist any shia response or argument against the allegation.i am certain that no such hadith exists in shia literature.then,being as we are,we are better off than the sunnis to tell the missionaries against islam that this allegation is false and not historic.we can put forth the truth and the reality.any scholar shia work against this allegation would be appreciated.also having tafsir and history of the quran,how can we present these and put them to use at least to help our sunni brothers in their fight against the enemies of islam as a whole.

Jazakummullah Khair!

Salaam ALaykum,

Since The Argument Was'nt Relates To The Shi'ism Literature, So There Is No Point To Answer From Shia Side,

Anyways, This Is What Aqa Poya Says In The Commentry

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Some pagans and hypocrites planned secretly to recite words praising idolatry alongside the recitation of the Holy Prophet, while he was praying, in such a way that the people would think as if they were recited by him. Once when the Holy Prophet was reciting verses 19 and 20 of Najm one of the pagans recited: "Tilkal gharani-ul ula wa inna shafa-atahuma laturja"-(These are the lofty (idols), verily their intercession is sought after.) As soon as this was recited the conspirators shouted in delight to make the people believe that it was the Holy Prophet who said these words. Here, the Quran is stating the general pattern the enemies of the messengers of Allah followed when they were positively convinced that the people were paying attention to the teachings of the messengers of Allah and sincerely believing in them. They would mix their false doctrines with the original teachings so as to make the divine message a bundle of contradictions. This kind of satanic insertions are referred to in thus verse, and it is supported by Ha Mim: 26. It is sheer blasphemy to say that satanic forces can influence the messengers of Allah. The Quran has repeatedly asserted that Shaytan shall have no authority whatsoever over the purified servants of Allah. Please refer to the commentary of Ibrahim: 22 and Nahl: 99 and 100 according to which Shaytan has no authority over the purified servants of Allah.

Syed KamiL Abbas Jafri
Admin

https://shia.forum.st

Back to top Go down

Post  shi3i Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:39 pm

thank you brother for the reply and may Allah reward you!

one more thing i would like to know is the relevant verses mentioned both in the allegation and the rebuttals in the islamic awareness thread and their dates of revelation.the islamic awareness thread argues that the verses that were allegedly revealed to undo the 'satanic verse' were revealed years after the verses of sura an-najm.that being the case,this would mean that muslims would have being involved in idolatry for years before they were cautioned by the verses of sura al-israa and sura al-hajj,which was really not the case or situation of muslims historically.therefore,they present the fact that the verses in sura al-israa and sura al-hajj were revealed years after sura an-najm and not during or immediatley after sura an-najm,as the infamous hadith's portrayed sequence of the story.

is it also according to shia hadith that that verses in sura al-israa and sura al-hajj which the hadith of al-gharaniq use as verses revealed immediately after/during the 'satanic verse',were actually revealed years later? if they were truly revealed years later,then the hadith is obviously going against history.i just want to know the timings of the revelation of the verses according to shia sources.

i'd kindly like to know the dates of revelation of the following according to shia sources and tafsir:

(73) And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little. (74) Then had we made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou found no helper against Us. (75) And they indeed wished to scare thee from the land that they might drive thee forth from thence, and then they would have stayed (there) but a little after thee.

[Qur'an al-israa 17-75]

(51) Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise; (52) That He may make that which the devil proposeth a temptation for those in whose hearts is a disease, and those whose hearts are hardened - Lo! the evil-doers are in open schism - (53) And that those who have been given knowledge may know that it is the truth from thy Lord, so that they may believe therein and their hearts may submit humbly unto Him. Lo! Allah verily is guiding those who believe unto a right path.

[Qur'an 22-53]

i'd like to know the time of revelation of the relevant verses from sura an-najm also.

shi3i

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum